Independent Living Center of Kern County (ILCKC) provides American Sign Language (ASL) interpreting services through a registry of qualified interpreters at competitive rates.
ILCKC interpreters are qualified in medical, legal and community venues and adhere to the interpreter’s code of conduct.
All public and private businesses or entities have the obligation of providing an ASL interpreter in compliance with ADA Title II and Title III when requested by a deaf client, customer, or patient.
ASL Interpreting Services
- Same day scheduling
- After hours
- Emergency services
Independent Living Center of Kern County ASL Interpreting Services Covers Kern County
According to the U.S. Census, California has a deaf population of over 1,124,059 individuals with 24,450 individuals who are deaf in Kern County. This large number represents people who purchase products and services, work in local businesses, and participate in the community.
Independent Living Center of Kern County ASL Interpreting Services assists organizations and agencies to overcome the communication barriers of this group by providing highly-trained Sign Language interpreters in the Kern County area.
Instances that may require sign language interpreting include:
- Employee interviews, orientations, trainings, job evaluations
- Staff meetings
- Conferences, presentations
- K-12 education, parent-teacher conferences, school functions and events, IEP meetings
- Post Secondary Education, required events and functions, advisory meetings, graduations,
- Medical and Health Care
- Social Services
- Vocational Rehabilitation
- government, city/county public meetings or events, elections, campaigns
- Legal, probation
- Public service announcements
- Community events, weddings, funerals, church services
Freelance for ILCKC
ILCKC is searching for new interpreters to join our registry team.
If you are interested in joining our team of qualified interpreters, please contact Independent Living Center of Kern County for information and an interview. Call 661.325.1063.