Our online donation form is now available. Make a difference.
Meet the valued members of the ILCKC Board of Directors.
ILCKC is active on Facebook. Join our page and stay up to date!
The mission of Independent Living Center of Kern County is to empower people with disabilities to grow creatively, professionally, and personally; and educate the community about disability related issues. It is the vision of Independent Living Center of Kern County to promote positive change in society; leading to the integration and acceptance of persons with disabilities within our community.
- Has served Kern County for over 30 years
- Has a board and staff of more than 90% of whom live with a disability
- Recognizes over 30% of Kern County’s population live with a disability
- Provides all programs and services free of charge to its consumers
- Is a nonprofit with 501(c)(3) status
Summary of Position The OIB Program Specialist is under the supervision of the AT & IR Coordinator and/or the Executive Director. He/she is responsible for assisting persons with visual disabilities to receive appropriate Older Individuals who are Bling (OIB) Independent Living (IL) services, which will enable them to live more independently. This involves the delivery […]