BECOMING A CONSUMER
The Independent Living Center of Kern County (ILCKC) promotes the independence of people with disabilities. Supporting their choices to live independently and to live full and productive lives. ILCKC provides advocacy, education, and support to people with disabilities, their families, and the community. ILCKC is one of 28 independent living centers in California.
How to become a consumer?
- You must have a disability and you must be able to benefit from ILCKC’s services?
Questions to Ask?
- Do you want to control how you should live?
- Do you want to learn self-help and self-advocacy?
- Do you want to develop peer relationships and/or be a peer role-model for other people with disabilities?
- Do you want equal access to services, programs, activities, resources, and facilities whether public or private?
If you answered YES to any of the above questions, you may want to join the ILCKC family. You can become a consumer by calling ILCKC at 661.325.1063 or e-mail us at [email protected]. Request to speak to an Independent Living (IL) Specialist. An IL Specialist will schedule an appointment with you so they can discuss your options. ILCKC does accept walk-ins, but appointments are preferred.
ILCKC is open Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The office is closed for lunch (12:00pm to 1:00pm) and closed every Monday from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. for a staff meeting.
Schedule an appointment to become an ILCKC consumer and gain your independence!